How do I take a screenshot on my computer?
Why do I need screenshots?
Screenshots can be useful in different situations - for requesting uncredited cash back; describing an issue; clarifying an issue; confirming your statements.
You can spend 20 minutes describing your issue. Otherwise you can take a screenshot in a minute and prove your words.
You can take screenshots on any device, but in this particular article we look at the ways to do it on a computer. We have created a separate article detailing the steps for taking screenshots on any mobile device.
How do I quickly take a screenshot and send it by email?
For Windows OS. Open the needed browser page and press the Print Screen key (PrntScrn, PrtScn, PrtScr or PrtSc) on your keyboard. Thus, the captured screenshot will be copied to the clipboard. The only thing you have to do is open your email, create an outgoing email or a reply to it and press Ctrl + V. The last saved information akak your screenshot from the clipboard will be pasted into the email.
For Mac OS. Everything works in the same way, but you need to use different keyboard shortcuts. Open the needed browser page and press Cmd+Ctrl+Shift+3. To paste the image, use Command + V.
How do I link to a screenshot for the feedback form?
This can be done through a screenshot program. For example:
- Скриншотер.рф After downloading and installing, you can immediately start taking screenshots. To do this, press the PrintScreen button and select the needed area with your mouse. The screenshot will be automatically uploaded to your browser. You will only have to copy the link from the address bar.
- Joxi This app is also easy to use. If you download the extension, you can use the full screen capture feature.
How do I take a screenshot for the “Cash back isn’t credited” form?
- In the Opera browser. Open the page of the needed order in the store and be sure that nothing unnecessary gets in the screenshot.
Then press a key or a combination of keys on your keyboard to copy the screenshot to the clipboard. For Windows OS, it is Print Screen (PrntScrn, PrtScn, PrtScr or PrtSc) and for Mac OS - Cmd + Ctrl + Shift + 3. The screenshot of the screen will be copied to the clipboard.
Then you only have to open the form, click “Upload screenshot” and select a screenshot from the clipboard:
- In all browsers. You can use any screenshot app from the previous list and after loading a picture in the browser just save it to your computer.
To take a screenshot, open the needed page and click on the extension icon in the upper right corner. From the list that appears, select “Capture visible area” or “Capture region”.
It will open a screenshot on a separate page which you can save on your computer. To do this, click “Save” on the right side, select a folder and confirm the action by clicking again on the “Save” button.
How should my screenshot look?
If a screenshot is taken for clarifying an issue, it should describe the situation. It is better to make a larger capture and use arrows or other things to point to the correct places.
If the question is related to the order (accrual, confirmation or rejection), screenshots of the order itself or the “Payment” section of the order screenshots are suitable. They can be made in your personal account of the store if you go to the section called “My orders” or “Orders”.
The screenshot must show the following information:
- Order number.
- The date of the order.
- The amount and the price of your order(s).
- A total amount.
An example of a screenshot of the order from the “Orders” section from AliExpress: