How can I secure my account?
● Use different passwords for each account and e-mail. Otherwise, if one system is compromised, an attacker will gain access to all Internet resources and personal information.
● Use complex passwords. This should ideally be a combination of letters and numbers. Easy passwords can also be considered simple known combinations. For example: qwerty123, Woodstock1969. It is better to specify combinations that will be unknown to anyone. Forget about dates of birth, phone numbers, and animal names.
● Change your password every few months.
● After resetting, immediately change the system password to your own.
● Install two-factor authorization if possible. Confirmation of entry via phone will become an additional security wall.
2. Data protection.
● If Your computer will be used by someone else (at work, in an Internet cafe), log out of your account without saving your username and password in the browser, clear your cache and cookies.
● Protect your data from others. We understand that there are different situations when you can ask to check an email or respond to it. If for some reason the username and password information became known to another person, then change the password after performing the necessary operation. Remember that you never know how a person uses data without the owner's knowledge. A person may be motivated by a simple interest, but it is better to protect them from difficult choices, and yourself from unpleasant situations.
● Delete emails with passwords and important information from your email inbox. Try not to send or immediately delete messages with passport details, card numbers or other confidential information. Otherwise, if mail or social networks are hacked, this information will fall into the hands of third parties.
3. Network security.
● Ignore or block emails from unknown recipients where you are invited to go to a third-party site. This is very important, as sometimes attackers can create copies of familiar sites in order to trick them into obtaining the data they need.
● Attackers do not always change the password for a compromised email account. Therefore, in incoming letters, you can unexpectedly find a letter to confirm the change in the details in Megabonus. The user should be alerted if he did not make such a request. In such a situation, it is better to immediately change the password for the mail and account. Further, we recommend you to contact the Megabonus Support Service so that we check the data and take the necessary measures. After investigation, we will report the result.
● Download the data only from resources you are sure of. Sometimes when you download the file, you can get not only extra programs, but also Trojan viruses or other malware. If you received a .exe, .pif, .scr, .dom, or .reg file from an unknown source, be sure to check it before opening it.
● Ignore unfamiliar links. Even if the link was sent by a friend, try to analyze the situation first. Perhaps the person's account has been hacked and viral mailing is going through it.
● Connect only to secure wi-fi networks. We recommend you disable automatic connection of your mobile device to wi-fi networks. Through unverified unprotected scammers can try to steal personal data.
● Pay attention to what you are looking for in the search engine. The probability of becoming a victim of fraud increases if the request contains the words "photos", "watch for free", "torrent", "download" along with the names of celebrities.